Butler & Butler, LLP has successfully represented clients in prosecuting and defending various types of civil litigation in state and federal courts for over 40 years. Whether individual or corporate, general civil or bankruptcy-related, we have the experience and expertise to aggressively pursue and defend your interests.
Some examples of the types of cases we have successfully handled for both plaintiffs and defendants include:
General Civil Litigation
- Prosecuting and defending against money judgments
- Contract disputes
- Non-compete agreements
- State and federal receiverships
- Business disputes and litigation
- Fraudulent and preferential transfer litigation in state court
Bankruptcy Related Litigation
- Prosecuting and defending objections to debtors’ discharge and objections to dischargeability of creditors’ claims
- Motions to dismiss bankruptcy cases
- Objections to debtors’ plan confirmation
- Objections to debtors’ claims of exemption
- Contesting good faith and eligibility of debtors
- Defending against adversary proceedings to recover preferential and fraudulent transfers and analysis of defenses
Important deadlines, theories of recovery, and defenses are always involved and should carefully be considered when bringing or defending against any claim or defense in state or federal court.
Our attorneys have the experience and expertise necessary to efficiently and effectively pursue and protect your interests. Many times it is possible to resolve contentious disputes through alternative means of resolution such as mediation, arbitration, and/or negotiation. We will advise you when it may be appropriate or cost-effective to consider these or other alternatives, but will not hesitate to litigate your case with diligence and tenacity when necessary.
Speak With A Lawyer And Protect Your Future
If you have important legal rights that you need to assert or defend, do not risk letting any deadlines pass. Contact us immediately for a confidential consultation. Our office is located in Wilmington, North Carolina.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.